- Do I need to have a Afrox account to purchase online?
- How do I register for the Afrox Shop and My Account access?
- How do I purchase gas online?
- What format should my password be?
- How do I change my VAT display preferences?
- How do I open an account with Afrox?
- I'm not sure if I'm a Consumer or a Company?
- Why does it matter if I'm a Consumer?
- What are the Terms and Conditions and Rental Agreements?
- My bank account needs more than 1 signature but I want to pay by Direct Debit
- I would like to set up a Direct Debit, but am confused which options I need to select
- I can't agree that the products are for my sole use and that they will be used for safe and ethical purposes.
- I've received an email stating that there has been an issue opening my account. What is this about?
- Can I get duplicate copies of my account opening documentation?
1. Do I need to have a Afrox account to purchase online?
If you are a new Afrox customer you will need to register for a Afrox account, or if you are an existing customer you simply need to activate your online account to be able to purchase. By registering you will be able to place your gas and equipment orders online. You will also be able to view your cylinder holdings, invoices and account balance. Alternatively, you can use the guest checkout feature to shop for equipment and safety products without registering.
2. How do I register for the Afrox Shop and My Account access?
To register for the Afrox Shop, please click on the Sign In/Register link on the home page of the shop. If you are not currently a Afrox customer, you will need to complete the online account opening section to set up an online account. If you are already a Afrox Customer, you will need a recent paper copy of a delivery note, invoice or statement to provide your account number and a document reference number.
3. How do I purchase gas online?
To purchase gas online, you must have an online account. For existing Afrox account customers, you can register for the Afrox Shop. If you are a new customer you will need to set up an online account.
4. What format should my password be?
Passwords need to be at least 8 characters and must follow these rules:
• Your password is case sensitive
• You should include at least 1 letter and number
• Minimum of 3 consecutive letters or numbers
• Your password cannot be the same as your username
• Your password cannot have been used previously
• Your password never expires and must be kept secure; you may manage/ change it through your account profile
5. How do I change my VAT display preferences?
The Afrox Shop can display prices either including or excluding VAT depending on your preference. To change the VAT setting you can click the VAT inc. / excl. toggle at the top right hand corner of the web page.
1. How do I open an account with Afrox?
Under the 'Register for Afrox Online Shop', please choose the 'No, I'd like to open a new account' option to begin the account opening process.
2. I'm not sure if I'm a Consumer or a Company?
If you are an individual or part of a partnership of less than 4 people or part of an unincorporated organisation, then you are a consumer.
3. Why does it matter if I'm a Consumer?
Because Afrox rent cylinders to our customers we are subject to the National Credit Act. This offers Consumers greater protection.
4. What are the Terms and Conditions and Rental Agreements?
Before you open an account with AFROX you are required to accept the terms and conditions for trading with us.
The Rental Agreement shows you what gas you are buying, the rental frequency, and rental price. Once you have completed the account opening form, you will be signing up to a Rental Agreement.
5. My bank account needs more than 1 signature but I want to pay by Direct Debit
In order to set up a Direct Debit where more than 1 signature is required you must print off a hard copy of the Direct Debit mandate (the link is within the account opening form). Please fill this in and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. I would like to set up a Direct Debit, but am confused which options I need to select
In order to set up a direct debit online with Afrox, your bank/building society must not require more than one signature in order to access funds, and you must be an authorised signatory for the bank / building society account.
7. I can't agree that the products are for my sole use and that they will be used for safe and ethical purposes. What do you want me to do?
In this case, please call Afrox on 011 821 3028.
8. I've received an email stating that there has been an issue opening my account. What is this about?
It could be that there is already an account with a similar name or we need some more details from you. Please call the number from your email and we will be happy to help you.
9. Can I get duplicate copies of my account opening documentation?
All documentation will be saved in our systems. If you need a duplicate copy, please contact us on 011 821 3028 and we can email these to you directly.